- When United Teachers of Dade “Sold Out” (again) Public Education, Florida’s Teaching Force and Children by Endorsing Race to the Top, Ushering in SB736
- VOTE NO and PROTEST WITH US TO VOTE NO (report count here http://tinyurl.com/2017utd )
- Two Irresponsible End Of World Predictions: Richard Branson’s “Global Warming ‘Hurricanes Are The Start Of Things To Come’”…Right Up There With Meade’s “Earth Will Be Destroyed Saturday By Planet Nibiru”
- MDCPS Owes Each Teacher, On Average, $3000 Per Year Since 2014…And This Will Continue Until Corrected
- While MDCPS Says “No Money” For Salaries, It Diverts $127 Million in Salary Money to Construction (While UTD Parrots the Lies to Gullible Members)
- Anonymous on Does the Management Manipulated Organization Posing as a Labor Union Dismantling Union Contracts Dating Back 50 years, Undermining Union Collective Bargaining, and Unraveling the Essence of Public Education Signify that the School Board/Administration Itself Has Been Compromised by Anti-Public Education Proponents Posing as Educational Reformers?
- brendonroy on Recent Salary Proposal from UTD and MDCPS is Illegal and is Set to Defraud You of Your Statutorily Established Step System.
- jackie on Annual Contracts Teachers: Vote this down and MDCPS MUST Comply & Give $7512 Bonuses. PSC’s: Vote This Contract Down and Save Your Lifetime Earnings and Keep Your Pension at the Level You Hired on For!
- Loretta Tennant on Educational Marshmallow/Sarah Palin Double and Twice Narcotics Arrested Thug Named President and Vice President of United Teachers of Dade
- The Real One on Educational Marshmallow/Sarah Palin Double and Twice Narcotics Arrested Thug Named President and Vice President of United Teachers of Dade
Category Archives: Uncategorized
On The Question of “Is UTD Cowering under the Shadow of Miami-Dade County Public Schools Management? Or Is It a Charade?”
shortlink: http://shawnbeightol.com/blog/?p=778 UTD’s performance is and has been brilliant. They project to be a labor union, when in fact it is an orchestration by MDCPS management to give the state, voting public and teachers the appearance of collective bargaining. Proof … Continue reading
MDCPS Claims State Increase in Funds Erased by Tax Collection “Shortfall,” While City of Miami Increases Labor Expenditures Based on Same Tax Source
short link: http://shawnbeightol.com/blog/?p=763 UTD’s News Release on Negotiation Status (on a contract that was expired July 1 of this year…come on guys, July 1 every 3 years is schedulable…not unforeseen, let’s get this contract out) explains on behalf of management … Continue reading
Today We’ll Know if UTD’s Lawsuit is JUST to Introduce Karla as Next President Material or as a Precursor to a Contract Negation…Either way, UTD PROVES it is Merely an Extension of MDCPS
http://shawnbeightol.com/blog/?p=754 December 5th, 2014, United Teachers of Dade filed a lawsuit in Miami-Dade County against Miami-Dade Mayor Gimenez… …on the grounds that he isn’t funding his office of Property Appraiser sufficiently to raise sufficient property tax to properly fund education. … Continue reading
// Post by Shawn Beightol. Just read this powerful essay from 1839 (The Voice of Freedom, a Vermont Anti-Slavery Newspaper) which powerfully places the blame for the Seminole Wars (3 of them: 1818, 1837, and 1858) as a product of … Continue reading
Let’s be clear: Fraud is being perpetrated on the public. Miami Dade College says Miami-Dade County Public Schools’ graduates have dropped in their college readiness by 18%. Fully 72% of MDC incoming students are UNPREPARED for basic college courses this year.
Shortlink: http://shawnbeightol.com/blog/?p=693 Graduation Shenanigans? Dear Colleague Welcome to the Summer! I’m so glad we made it another year. I know it’s been some time since I’ve communicated this way, but recent events have led me to reach out to you again. … Continue reading
Miami-Dade Elected School Boards Have an Obligation to Know the Educational Laws Governing Their Domain: FCAT Data IS NOT the Only Option by Which to Judge Teachers
shortlink: http://shawnbeightol.com/blog/?p=685 Upon challenging the MDCPS school board at the January 15th MDCPS Board Meeting to direct their staff to implement more appropriate teacher evaluation methods other than FCAT Reading and Math for all teachers (including Chemistry, Calculus, PE, Art, … Continue reading
shortlink: http://shawnbeightol.com/blog/?p=679 Please feel free to forward this: I am asking you to join me and other teachers to voice our opposition to the current and unnecessary utilization of VAM for teachers not teaching state assessed subjects.at the Wednesday January … Continue reading
A Well Kept Florida Secret: What a Great Teacher Looks/Performs Like: Florida Administrative Code 6A-5.065, “Florida Educator Accomplished Practices (FEAP)”
shortlink: http://shawnbeightol.com/blog/?p=656 While researching the reported egregious behavior of a particular administrator in Miami-Dade County “camping out” in a teacher’s classroom for 4 hours (FOUR!!! perhaps the one in need of professional help wasn’t the teacher but the administrator?) to “observe” … Continue reading
VAM Necessitates Teacher’s Knowledge of Their Rights and Authority to Maintain a Respectable Learning Environment
shortlink: http://shawnbeightol.com/blog/?p=649 Most teachers (and school bus drivers) are ignorant that under Florida Law they are considered the most crucial person in the safety and education of the children for the simple reason they are the primary contacts. We are … Continue reading